- Membership meeting! Sunday, February 9 from 6 to 6:20 p.m.
- SSEHV Training in Raleigh! April 17-19, 2020 Registration is now open! In the application, under “Desired SSEHV Training” select “SSEHV Course 1 (3-Day Course)”. For more information visit the SSEHV (Sathya Sai Education in Human Values) website. New Timings: Friday from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 11th World Conference in Prasanthi Nilayam. November 2020. Study Guides.
Raleigh Sai Center – IT Team!
- If you are good with computers and would like to join the IT Team, please complete this form.
Media! All videos and photos from recent events are available under the “Past Events” page. If you need the password, please email email@example.com
- Sunday Sai Center Activities Schedule
Time Description 3:30 – 4:00 p.m. Setup Activities 3:15 – 3:45 p.m.
Singers Practice only for the specific group singing on that day
3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Sathya Sai Education (SSE) Classes for children (September to May) 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. Study of Sathya Sai Baba’s Teachings 5:05 – 6:15 p.m. Announcements followed by Devotional Singing
Looking for a service opportunity? Volunteers are needed every Sunday at 2:30 pm to help with the set-up of the Sai Center and altar. Also, volunteers are needed to stay back after the devotional activities are completed to help with the break down and cleanup.
- Study Circle
Please join us for the study of Sathya Sai’s Teachings on Sundays from 4 to 5 p.m.
Current Series: Unity and Purity
On 5th June 2019, Dr. Narendranath Reddy, Chairman, Prasanthi Council, sent the two Study Guides on Unity and Purity – for distribution to all Sathya Sai Centers and Groups (outside India). In the attached letter, Dr. Reddy requested all of us to dive deep into the nectarine teachings of Lord Sai. The two Study Guides attached can be downloaded from here.
Sathya Sai International Organization is urging all Sathya Sai Centers and Groups to hold Study Circles on these documents, in preparation for the Pre-World Conferences. This will make the Pre-World Conferences, starting in February 2020, more productive, inspirational and successful.
Past Series: Cultural Inclusion and Expansion Series
The Cultural Inclusion and Expansion theme is a national level initiative which is being taken up by all the centers in US. The material for this series is organized in 4 modules (see below), each divided to fit into 3 weeks. For context about this topic, see video summary and a report documenting the findings about Cultural Inclusion and Expansion for Sai Centers in the USA.
- Bhajan of the week
Raag: Mishra Valaji / Kalavathi
Taal: 8 Beat / Keherwa / Adi
Simha Vahini Sai Narayani
Mata Maheshwari Durga Bhavani [ Simha Vahini … ]
Akhilandeshwari Jaya Jagat Janani
Abhaya Pradayini Ananda Roopini
Mangala Karini Moksha Pradayini
Chant the name of Sai Narayani who rides on the Lion and who is known by many names as Maheshwari, Durga Bhavani, Akhilandeshwari, Jagat Janani, Abhaya Pradayini, Ananda Roopini, Mangala Karini and Moksha Pradayini.
- RSC Service Activities
Date & Time Activity Details Locations & Sign up Second Saturday of the Month between 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Pillow Service
Manisha & Rakesh’s place: 1737 Colleen Circle, Cary, NC 27519.
Please click here to sign up.
Third Saturday of the Month between 4:15 AM – 6:45 AM. Breakfast Service
Men’s Shelter. Address: 1420 S. Wilmington St. Raleigh, NC.
Please click here to sign up.
Fourth Sunday of the Month between 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
Sandwich Service Sandwich service by SSE students in HSNC.
– please click here to sign up.
Volunteers preparing lunch bags at home & drop off volunteers to various locations – please click here to sign up.
Winter Gear service of the Month between.
Winter Gear Service service in HSNC rooms 7 & 8 .
– please click here to sign up.
CLASS DATE: 01/26/2020
TEACHERS: Section 1: Patti, Saideepa, Mona, Thatha
Section 2: Patti, Sharanya, Bhuvana, Lakshmi, Ganesh
SUMMARY: Help Ever, Hurt Never ATTENDANCE: 26 Today both the classes were joined and did all our activities together. What a fun class we had today! Rushi anna came to our class for half an hour. He played a game, taught us couple of songs. It was so much fun to play the game while he was playing the tabla. After he left we made Thank You card for him. Patti showed us some slides of Swami and talked to us how Swami was helping people through out His life. We really enjoyed watching those slides and learnt from Swami how happy you feel when you help people. Lots of friends were sick and couldn’t come to the class. We missed them. Hope they all feel better soon and come back to the class coming Sunday.
Note to Parents from parents discussion group: Find at least 1 task on the list from parents discussion and do a training with your child this week. Train them so they can consistently practice ‘Help ever’ in the home.
- SSE group1
CLASS DATE: 01/19/2020 TEACHER(S): Jagruthi, Aruna,, Sunitha, Resmi SUMMARY:
Watch your actions for they come back to you
Started with 3 om’s and prayers . Discussed the meaning of the prayers.
We did guided mediation for a few minutes based on the steps of light meditation
The kids did an experiment in class using baloons to demonstrate how every action has an equal and opposite reaction. They then came up with common actions where we see equal and opposite reaction like walking and swimming.
As part of watching your actions we are continuing the homework this week of using kind words and doing kind actions.
We ended the class singing 2 bhajans.
Class notes for 1/12/2020
We watched a video in class on how echo resonates whatever you say. If we say good, the echo also returns good words and angry words return angry words.
We also built a boomerang in class to see how it comes back to us when we throw it. We discussed how just like the boomerang comes back to us, our actions also come back to us. So we should be watchful of our actions.
We ended the class learning the bhajan Govinda Krishna Jai
Homework : Parents please continue to encourage your children to mark their journal every day if they have used Kind Words and did Kind Actions.
CLASS DATE: 01/05/2020
TEACHERS:Hitha Raj, Aditi Verma, Jalaja Peechu
Summary:Emotional self awareness. kindness
We started the class with 3 Om’s, Gayatri mantra and light meditation. We reviewed last weeks life application.This Sunday we reviewed everything that we have learned so far since we had 2 weeks break and so an opportunity to refresh ourselves.
Life application: They need to journal 3 things.
- Today I am grateful for….
- One awesome thing happened today was………
- My happiness scale (pick one) : very happy,happy, neutral,sad, very sad.
4. continue doing kind acts and what your parents ask you first time.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO PARENTS:
1. We would like all the students to be on time by 3.25pm we are staritng the class by 3.30pm.
Class room door closes at 3.30pm.
If any students come late they have to wait outside the door till we finish prayers and meditation.
2. As a parent your responsibility to check the home work ( life application ) which we give them to follow through the week.
Once you as a parent commit to the follow up with your kids the results are impactful.
3. Treat this spiritual learning as a beautiful foundation to your kids who are the future generations of leaders.
Swami has given us the opportunity to be the part of this huge responsibility. Let’s stand up to build this great future leaders.
CLASS DATE: 01/26/2020 TEACHER(S): Nalini, Gangadher SUMMARY: 6 Internal Enemies ATTENDANCE: 17
After the invoking prayers, we started with a question we had asked towards the end of last class.
In the year 2020, as MLK Jr, what would you like to change in the world? What is the root cause of the problem that you would like to address?
We observed that the problems children stated(like climate change, discrimination etc) raised from 6 internal enemies. i.e. Desire, anger, Greed, attachment, pride, jealousy.
All the children are divided into 6 groups, each group representing one internal enemy.
Each group is asked to discuss and present on the following questions.
a. How do you see this form as enemy in you.
b. How does it effect you (Spiritually – drag you down; materially – slows you down)?
c. How to overcome it?
d. Any story. (Personal or mythological or contemporary)
Below are the responses.
1st enemy – Desire
Focus on eliminating bad desire
1. When we want things that we don’t need it becomes our enemy
2. It can cause us to do negative things to fulfill our desire
3. By asking yourself if you actually need the thing you desire
4. Napoleon: for desire of increasing empire, caused him to be exiled from France
2nd Enemy – Anger
1. Make you act before you think.
2. Reasoning is colluded.
3. Makes relationships go bad.
4. Direct anger in right channel.
3 Enemy – Greed
1 you put yourself first
2 you don’t spend money well
3 you can limit yourself
4 King Midas: King of gold
4th Enemy – Attachment
1. Leads to sorrow grief or violence
2. It can make you do wrong things which you don’t intend to do.
3. Ceiling on desires; use caution with objects and people.
5th Enemy – Pride:
1. When people say things and you feel inferior to others.
2. It makes you feel better than others and could make others not like you.
3. Humble yourself, ground yourself, and offer everything you do to Swami.
4. The lion king: Scar got prideful of having the roar, and believed that he should be kind so he killed mufasa. But in the end Simba killed him.
6th Enemy.. Jealousy/Envy
1. Since attachment sends out negative feelings, it associates with enemies, (negative)
2. It disturbs your internal peace, and affects your goal.
Also the root cause for other “enemies”
3. We can take it in a positive way, for eg. Take it as an inspiration
4. People get jealous of Hype beasts, and want to get what they have (for eg. Airpods pro, Gucci shoes etc.)
1. Invoked Sarva dharma prayers.
2. Students who went to Puttaparthi during holidays (Prem/Raj/Shivani) shared the experience of their trip. Here are the best things they observed in Puttaparthi.
a. Super-Speciality hospital is truly a temple of healing.
b. Shared a story of a poor teenage girl who was operated for free for tumor on her face.
c. Magnificence of the Music college.
d. Simple living of a professor living inside the ashram.
e. How wonderful the Chaitanya Jyothi museum was.
Note to Parents:
One practice to take up for unity of thought word & deed is to ask them to understand the meaning of the songs they are singing/playing. We will practice this as a class for upcoming bhajan opportunities our class gets.
CLASS DATE: 1/18/20 TEACHER(S): Mouli and Nirmala Aunty SUMMARY:
Seva Project – Women’s Shelter
10 + 6
This week, G4 cooked and served at the Women’s Shelter in Raleigh. 10 G4 kids prepared the meals of vegetarian chili, bread, salad and dessert and 6 G4 kids served the food at the Shelter.
Note to Parents:
Sairam Parents –
Group 4 will have the next class on Sunday, February 9th. Our next Seva Activity is breakfast service at the Women’s Shelter in February 16th.
Jai Sai Ram!
-Group 4 Gurus
Young Adults (YA) Updates
- YA Selection process has begun and we encourage all YAs (ages 18-40) to complete the nomination form. Nominations will be accepted for a 2 week period until 2/12/2020
Interest Groups Updates
The media repository for all past events is now available in our main page under this link. If you need the password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sai Center Officers
Education (SSE) Co-ordinator
If you have any questions, please email the respective office bearer. Click here to access their phone numbers (password protected).
Thought for the Week
For some ailments medicines are prescribed for external application while for others, they are given for internal use. But for this universal ailment of the cycle of birth and death (bhava-roga), listening to spiritual discourses (sravana), singing God’s name (kirtana), and other medicines are prescribed for external and internal use. One has to utter as well as hear the Lord’s name. God has equal affection toward all His children just like the nature of light is to shed illumination on all. Utilising that illumination, some can read good books and others can do their daily tasks, whatever they are. So too, uttering God’s name, one can progress in the realisation of God, another can even do wicked deeds! It all depends on how you use the light. But the Lord’s name is without blemish, always and forever.
– Prema Vahini, Ch 21.