- Media from Sathya Sai’s Birthday Celebrations now Available under the Past Events page! If you need the password, please email email@example.com
- Christmas Program. Sunday, December 22 from 5 to 5:20 p.m. HSNC Room #4.
- New Year Bhajans. Tuesday, December 31 from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. HSNC Room #4.
- Aspiring and current teachers – SSE Enrichment Workshop!!! Saturday, January 18, 2020, 7:45 AM – Sunday, January 19, 2020, 12:30 PM. Venue: 1417 S. Belcher Road, Clearwater, FL 33764. If you are interested,
- SSEHV Training in Raleigh! April 17-19, 2020 Registration is now open! In the application, under “Desired SSEHV Training” select “SSEHV Course 1 (3-Day Course)”. For more information visit the SSEHV (Sathya Sai Education in Human Values) website. New Timings: Friday from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 11th World Conference in Prasanthi Nilayam. November 2020. Study Guides.
Media! All videos and photos from recent events are available under the “Past Events” page. If you need the password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Sai Center Activities Schedule
Time Description 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Setup Activities 3:15 – 3:45 p.m.
Singers Practice only for the specific group singing on that day
3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Sathya Sai Education (SSE) Classes for children (September to May) 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. Study of Sathya Sai Baba’s Teachings 5:05 – 6:15 p.m. Announcements followed by Devotional Singing
Looking for a service opportunity? Volunteers are needed every Sunday at 2:30 pm to help with the set-up of the Sai Center and altar. Also, volunteers are needed to stay back after the devotional activities are completed to help with the break down and cleanup.
- Study Circle
Please join us for the study of Sathya Sai’s Teachings on Sundays from 4 to 5 p.m.
Current Series: Unity and Purity
On 5th June 2019, Dr. Narendranath Reddy, Chairman, Prasanthi Council, sent the two Study Guides on Unity and Purity – for distribution to all Sathya Sai Centers and Groups (outside India). In the attached letter, Dr. Reddy requested all of us to dive deep into the nectarine teachings of Lord Sai. The two Study Guides attached can be downloaded from here.
Sathya Sai International Organization is urging all Sathya Sai Centers and Groups to hold Study Circles on these documents, in preparation for the Pre-World Conferences. This will make the Pre-World Conferences, starting in February 2020, more productive, inspirational and successful.
Past Series: Cultural Inclusion and Expansion Series
The Cultural Inclusion and Expansion theme is a national level initiative which is being taken up by all the centers in US. The material for this series is organized in 4 modules (see below), each divided to fit into 3 weeks. For context about this topic, see video summary and a report documenting the findings about Cultural Inclusion and Expansion for Sai Centers in the USA.
- Bhajan of the week
Raag: Madhyamavati / Madhmad Sarang
Taal: 8 Beat / Keherwa / Adi
Sita Rakshaka Rama Dootha
Lanka Dahana Ravana Mardhana
Sri Rama Dasa Daya Nidhey
Sarva Mangala Anjaneya
Glory to You, Lord Hanuman, who protected Mother Sita and who is the messenger of Lord Rama. You are the one who put Lanka in flames and showed the path for Lord Rama who killed Ravana. You are the one who confers auspiciousness on everyone, the son of Anjana. We offer our salutations to You, O Lord Hanuman.
- RSC Service Activities
Date & Time Activity Details Locations & Sign up Second Saturday of the Month between 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Pillow Service
Manisha & Rakesh’s place: 1737 Colleen Circle, Cary, NC 27519.
Please click here to sign up.
Third Saturday of the Month between 4:15 AM – 6:45 AM. Breakfast Service
Men’s Shelter. Address: 1420 S. Wilmington St. Raleigh, NC.
Please click here to sign up.
Fourth Saturday of the Month between 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Winter Gear Service
[Special service to celebrate swami’s 94th birthday, in collaboration with HSNC in September, October and November months.]
HSNC Room# 7 & 8.
Address: 309 Aviation Pkwy,
Morrisville, NC 27560
Please click here to sign up.
Fourth Sunday of the Month between 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM.
Sandwich Service Sandwich service by SSE students in HSNC.
– please click here to sign up.
Volunteers preparing lunch bags at home & drop off volunteers to various locations – please click here to sign up.
December 7 th Saturday Between 2PM- 5PM Raise Against Hunger
Over 80 Volunteers are needed for this service
Setup Time is 2PM, event starts at 3PM
@ HSNC Room# are coming soon.
please click here to sign up.
SSE Registration for new students is now open! Please register here.
SSE Classes run from September to May
CLASS DATE: 11/24/2019 TEACHERS: Vanaja patti, Chandran Thatha, Surabhi aunty, Mona aunty, Bhuvana aunty SUMMARY: Swami’s birthday Celebration ATTENDANCE: 26/27
Today we celebrated Swami’s birthday. Everyone loved our skit, dances and our song. Moreover we all enjoyed being on the stage and doing our part. We all learnt that Swami is inside all of us. We should have confidence that Swami will help us, guide us wherever we go, whatever we do.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend with your parents.
Note to Parents from parents discussion group:
- SSE group1
CLASS DATE: 12/08/2019 TEACHER(S): Aruna,, Sunitha, Resmi SUMMARY:
Discussed the word bank and how watching your words has impacted everyone
Started with 3 om’s and silent sitting.
Practised 3 slokas and 1 bhajan.
The kids shared if they were putting Sairam chits in their watch box. They also shared how watching their words and using sweet words made them feel happy or sometimes prevented them from getting into trouble. We encouraged the kids to continue putting sairam chits in their watch box and those who have forgotten please start to do so starting today. If they have lost their WATCH box, they can use any other empty box at home to start their word bank.
The class prepared for the study circle presentation we are giving next week about the lessons learnt this quarter. The kids practised the games and role play for the presentation.
Homework : Parents please continue to encourage your children to put Sairam chits in their WATCH box whenever they resist the temptation to use unpleasant words or if they have used sweet words.
CLASS DATE: 12/08/2019
TEACHERS:Hitha Raj, Aditi Verma, Jalaja Peechu
Summary:Emotional self awareness. kindness
We started the class with 3 Om’s, Gayatri mantra and light meditation. We reviewed last weeks life application.This Sunday we talked about kindness.
You can find class presentation here.
Life application: Color your world by doing kind acts at home,school and community. Observe yourself how you feel when you do kind acts.
2. continue doing what your parents ask you first time. Write down 3 good deeds that you did for this week.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO PARENTS:
1. We would like all the students to be on time by 3.25pm we are staritng the class by 3.30pm.
Class room door closes at 3.30pm.
If any students come late they have to wait outside the door till we finish prayers and meditation.
2. As a parent your responsibility to check the home work ( life application ) which we give them to follow through the week.
Once you as a parent commit to the follow up with your kids the results are impactful.
3. Treat this spiritual learning as a beautiful foundation to your kids who are the future generations of leaders.
Swami has given us the opportunity to be the part of this huge responsibility. Let’s stand up to build this great future leaders.
CLASS DATE: 12/08/2019 TEACHER(S): Nalini, Gangadher SUMMARY: Exercise in Gratitude ATTENDANCE: 17
12/08/2019 Class Summary
Today we did an activity based on “Gratitude”. First, all the students were asked to list names of top 10 people/things they want to thank for shaping their lives. Then they were asked to list names of 10 people/things they want to say “sorry”.
This activity made them think deep and express their gratitude towards all the comforts they have.
All the students were asked to present what they learnt from this exercise.
Finally, class ended with a story of how Swami expressed His gratitude.
11/03/2019 Class Summary
We were fortunate to have an expert in vedanta, Dr. Sethu Raman (Retired Climatologist) to share his knowledge on “scriptures of Sanathana Dharma” in our class today.
He explained the 6 layers of scriptures and explained the importance and profundity of each layer coupled with insights gained through his own experience.
Thank you for all the parents who could attend this session. For those who couldn’t make it, here is the link to PPT.
10/27/2019 Class Summary
- Importance of Deepawali, inner significance, stories behind the festival & what other religions celebrate same festival and why were shared with students.
- We drew a picture of how we are caught up in action & reaction thru many lifetimes forgetting where we originated from.
- As we discussed in last class, we can break the chain of actions & reaction when our actions are God actions.
- When we start practicing God actions (practice God qualities), it invokes God’s grace. What can God’s grace do for us?
- We shared story of a Swami student, whose mother was saved by Swami’s grace. Swami walked into his room, used a cream to give points from good deeds & used that to save his mother.
10/20/2019 Class Summary
- Continued from where we left after watching a video of Swami’s student experience sharing regarding sports meet, what they thought could have been the reason why the boy got saved (Video link -starting from 7:32min)
- We had very interactive discussion about cause and effect; actions and reactions; law of attraction.
- Every action performed thru mind, body or senses will have a return.
- This is a vicious cycle of actions & reactions thru many lifetimes.
- Only way to break that chain is if we our actions are what God would do.
- We asked each student to write down one quality of God; they came up with kind, compassionate, loving, unbiased, non judgmental, ever loving etc. God & God qualities are not separate.
- To get closer to God is to adopt God qualities which are not impossible to practice.
- Our duty is to give 100% effort and leave the result on the GOD
- But learn from every experience either success or failure.
Note to Parents:
One practice to take up for unity of thought word & deed is to ask them to understand the meaning of the songs they are singing/playing. We will practice this as a class for upcoming bhajan opportunities our class gets.
CLASS DATE: 12/08/2019 TEACHER(S): Mouli and Meenakshi SUMMARY:
Movie Day – Home Alone
This week, G4 watched the movie Home Alone. We will be continuing the movie next class, followed by a discussion on the themes of the movie and its connection to our class.
Note to Parents:
Sairam Parents –
Group 4 will have the next class on Sunday, Dec. 15th.
Jai Sai Ram!
-Group 4 Gurus
Young Adults (YA) Updates
- 1. Sathya Sai International Leadership Programme For Young Adults is currently accepting applications for SSILP 2020.Please register at http://www.sathyasai.org/ya/ssilpRegistration deadline is 14th November 20192. We are excited to announce that the Annual Regional Retreat for Young Adults – ARRYA 2020 will be held the weekend of January 18th – 19th in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Registration info and additional details will be sent soon.
Interest Groups Updates
- Remember to take your own reusable water bottle
- Pack your lunch and snacks in reusable containers
- During festival time, try to use go green goody bags and favors
- Towns like Cary,Morrisville,etc will recycle used cooking oil to make biofuels
(REFUSE, REDUCE, REUSE, RE PURPOSE, RECYCLE)
The media repository for all past events is now available in our main page under this link. If you need the password, please email email@example.com
Sai Center Officers
Education (SSE) Co-ordinator
If you have any questions, please email the respective office bearer. Click here to access their phone numbers (password protected).
Thought for the Week
As our vision, so is the creation. Will not the colour of creation change based on the colour of glasses we wear? There have been and there are great masters now too who demonstrate to man the great heights one can attain, and also reveal the great power that is latent in the human body. Mind of man is often wasted wandering on things outside, criticising others and similar such activities. When one is always engaged in seeing faults in others, how can one attain ekagrata or one-pointedness? Ask yourself this question: When many valorous and great ones, who have physical bodies just like me, have attained such exalted status, why should my position be anything less? What do I gain in finding faults of others? I have to search within myself for my own faults and keep my mind under control – Making this firm resolve is the first step in spiritual practice.
– Prema Vahini, Ch 3.