CLASS DATE: 09/09/2018 TEACHERS: Vanaja patti, Chandran Thatha, Vasanthi aunty SUMMARY: Be Happy ATTENDANCE: 18/20
3 Oms, Gayatri, Yoga
Main topics: It was very nice to start Pre-SSE class after 3 months break. 17 of us are back from last class. 3 more new friends have joined us. Patti talked to us about being Happy all the time. She asked us what makes us happy, how can we make a person happy when they are feeling sad. She read to us two beautiful books: ‘Hugs’ and ‘On Mothers Lap’. We played some silly games which forced us to laugh loud.
We practiced two bhajans with Shruthi akka which we have learnt last year. Thanks akka for practicing with us. It is so nice to have akka in the class.
Life application/Home work:
Think of one thing you can do this week to make your mom and dad happy.
Note to Parents: (from parents’ discussion) Find opportunities this week to get into the Child Ego State with your child/children. Laugh, play and have a good time with them. See how this makes you and your children feel.
CLASS DATE: 9/9/2018 TEACHERS: Jagruti,Aruna
SUMMARY ATTENDANCE: 15 Prayers:
We began the class with three Om’s.
Main topic: Ice breaker and introduction
Each child was asked to introduce with their name suffixed with a adjective starting with the first letter of their name, the grade they are in and any interesting fact about themselves. It was a fun game.
- We made photo frame with ice cream sticks and decorative pieces for a small photo of swami. Children enjoyed the handicraft and were proud to take it home 🙂
Life application/Home work:
Will start shortly.
Note to Parents
Please take a look at the nice craft the children did 🙂 . Talk to them about how they liked today’s class. It was nice to see the senior children helping the new children to the class. Stay tuned for future classes
CLASS DATE: 03/25/2018
TEACHERS:Hitha Raj, Aditi Jain, Jalaja peechu
Why do we celebrate srirama Navami
Class started with 3 oms
Atima was in the class to train students for the unison songs for the E-Day.
story: we talked about the what is the meaning of Ra -ray of light . Ma – within. A ray of light with in.
very very powerful name Rama to be chanted.
what is the meeting of Rama Navami
the day Rama was born in this earth. Vishnu avatar.
why we celebrate Rama Navami
what is the importance of Rama Navami.
we talked about Rama birth and Rama’ s swayam varam.
how Rama was so much following the right conduct and how bold and courageous, honest, confident. Winning good over evil.
we listen to the SWAMI’s singing Rama kodanda Rama
we practiced the play for Eswaramma day.
Next week we will have NOT HAVE THE SSE CLASS AS IT IS A EASTER WEEK END .
April 15th. Is the last date to submit the sai samarpan article, please be support to your kid if they need it.
April 21st Sai aradhana day we have kids exhibition
they are presenting please come in large crowd to support the students.
May 6th E -day
practice and recording is going on vigorously please be a great support thank you.
please check your what’s app chat group for all the reminders.
Read more about Rama and pick one of Rama’s great quality to follow for 2 weeks and share your experience in the class.
1. Practice light meditation daily. . Observe yourself if you are carrying the love and light with you wherever you go. Come and share with us how did it help you
2. Continue spreading golden hearts to yourself,people around you and to the environment.
3.Please practice skit lines and be ready for next weeks practice session.
4.Come and share with us how are you spending your quality time with God praying, singing, talking and loving.
5. Practice being aware of time. Where is your precious time going and how is your quality time used.
Note to Parents:
we had a great parent teacher meeting
we discussed about how the time made an impact in students life for these 2 quarters.
Thank you for all the parents who were able to make it. We missed the parents who were not able to make it.
1.Please encourage students to practice light meditation.
2..Please encourage children to be regular to the classes, also please be on time.
As you all know we are working on Time, we would love students be present by 3.25pm
we need your help for students to be on time.
2.Have a family discussion about today’s class; what did they learn, what impacted them the most
3..We humbly request you and your son / daughter to stay back for the Bhajan session whenever it is possible. Many of the group dynamics we are working on are connected to the center devotional session. We appreciate your time and commitment it’s a blessing to be part singing SWAMI’s Glory.
CLASS DATE: 9/9/18 TEACHERS: Nalini, Gangadher, Manoj SUMMARY: Get to know each other ATTENDANCE: 18 (out of 21)
Beginning prayers led by students. We chant multi faith prayers beginning of each class to show all regions teach same.
Link to multi faith prayers with meaning: http://sairegion3.org/multi-faith-prayers/
- Starting prayers- Multi faith
- Video to introduce Swami – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e9VQ34ygTM
- What do you remember from the video?
- What did you like in this video?
- Which part of the video made you happy?
- Which part made you emotional?
- Discussed goal of Sai Spiritual Education. https://sathyasai.us/education/national-sse-enrichment-program
- Current Students explained new to Swami student who is Swami, HIS mission, where he lived in his physical form.
- Get to know each other
- What do you likes and dislikes
- What makes you happy (at school, home)
- What is on your bucket list (wish list to do!)
- Ice breaker (Each student says Sairam, takes one skittle and based on the color shares).
- RED – Something fun you did this summer
- ORANGE-About someone cool you visited
- YELLOW-About something you tried first time.
- GREEN-About your favorite things to do
- PURPLE-Something no one knows about you
- Each student gave their current challenges and what they would like to learn and practice together.Below is the list.
- Time Management, Not to procrastinate.
- Dealing with difficult people, how to recover from a damage caused to a friendship.
- Friendship without expectations
- communication skills, team work
- anger management
- how to put your best effort and not be lazy
- Develop Self confidence
- Being patient.
- How to be closer to Swami at school
- How to not get anxious
- Not judge book by its cover. Not judge people
- How to get over fear of high school
- Class picture with Swami.
Note to parents:
Thank you for your time today. It was amazing to see all the parents come, thank you for your support.
Please find the link to the deck we reviewed during the parent meeting.
Feel very blessed to have such matured and devoted group of students. The topics they gave shows their level of maturity. Praying to Swami to guide us all.
CLASS DATE: 09/09/2018 TEACHER(S): Nirmala, Mouli and Meenakshi SUMMARY:
First day of SSE
The first 30 minutes of class, Group 4 had an “intro to Group 4” meeting with all the parents and students. The meeting was followed by introductions of all the students to each other. Each student shared a little bit about themselves and what they did this summer. The main objective of this first class was to discuss potential service activities allowing the new students to begin acclimating to the Group 4’s class format respectful, open discussions.
During the Week:
Read up on what Swami says devotion is. Think about what it means in the context of your own life. What under the umbrella of devotion can we practice regularly in our own lives? We will have a discussion in class based on what you all find during the week, so come prepared to lead the discussion.
Note to Parents:
Sairam Parents –
We, the Group 4 teachers, really enjoyed getting to meet all of you this past Sunday. We look forward to a wonderful year with His grace.